Spring has sprung and for some reason I feel like cleaning. If you know me well, you know I never like cleaning. But something is in the air and I’ve been de-cluttering and tidying up various nooks and crannies around the house. Perhaps it has something to do with being stuck inside for weeks when I was sick but whatever it is, I’m embracing it while it’s here. Who knows how long this will last.
I’ve been a little quiet around the blogosphere this week, so my apologies for not coming by and catching up on your blogs. No excuse, just haven’t felt like being on the internet. We also had a visitor from Australia who we’ve been catching up with. I’ll be even quieter next week because I’m heading to Washington DC for the week with work.
Anyway, on to a very short roundup of my activities this week.
- Our 72 hour emergency kit is nearly ready. I bought a few more essentials which should arrive next week, but the rest of it is all packed neatly in a bag and ready to grab at a moments notice. In case anyone is interested, the items I purchased were a MSR MiniWorks Water Filter, SteriPEN Water Purification System Pack and a Self-Powered Radio with Flashlight, Solar Power and Cell Phone Charger.
Getting Off the Economic Grid
- Would you believe that Brendan has had another business proposition this week? On top of his personal training and bicycle repair businesses, it looks like he is now doing some consulting work for a renewable energy start-up. We don’t have all the details yet, but it looks like Brendan will be designing systems and managing projects for off-grid wind and solar systems. This is exciting news. I hope I can share more in the months to come.
Grow some food
- Plenty of weeding after all the rain we’ve been having
- Sowed seeds: Tomato, Basil. WooHoo! Warm season crops are starting!
- Eating: Collards, Snow Peas, Spinach.
Photo by: johnnyalive